Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Putnam Park Central Indiana PCA Pumpkin Run Preliminary Impressions

Well, the racing season is winding down, and this will be my last HPDE for the year. I've been out to Putnam Park 3 times before this, and have always had a great time out on the track. This year will be slightly different though.

This year I will be my first time behind the wheel of a Porsche. My previous track days at Putnam Park I was hooning a modified Scion tC. Which despite having half the horsepower or less than some of the other cars there, was capable of keeping up with carreras, and even the odd turbo.

I think this time out, with the added horsepower and the very nature of the Porsche I will be driving I will be able to hang in there with some of the faster cars. I've always done well at Putnam, because I could carry a ton of speed all the way through turn 7 (of 10). The only thing I suffered on in the tC was the lack of acceleration and overall power.

But this time, I intend to kick ass and take names.

-Keep racing my friends-
Putnam Park Track Layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment